Organic Chocolate Chip Scones
2 C organic flour
2 TB organic raw sugar or organic raw honey or organic maple syrup
1 TB aluminum free baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup (or more) Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips OR homemade chocolate chunks (recipe below)
6 TB melted salted organic butter
1 organic egg
1/2 C organic milk
1 slightly beaten egg for egg wash
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together. Then add all the wet.
3. Knead the dough gently on a lightly floured surface.
4. Cut dough in half.
5. Make each half into a ball and flatten it into a 6" circle about 1/2" thick.
6. Cut each circle into 6 or 8 wedges.
7. Bake wedges on an ungreased baking sheet (I only use glass baking dishes).
8. Brush scones with the slightly beaten egg.
9. Bake 12-15 minutes or until deep golden brown.
It makes 12-16 scones. I often double the recipe because they go quick!